Thank you for your interest in our rental accommodation.
Below are the eligibility criteria and the application form.
The Waiheke Community Housing Trust is a local community organisation, NOT a government agency. The information you give us will remain within the Trust and will not be disclosed to any other organisation.
We acknowledge that every case is different. The six points below are the main criteria. You must fit into these to be able to apply. However, once you get into the actual application form and you find there are some questions that you feel may disqualify you, keep going, do not be discouraged! There will be an interview process in which exceptions can be discussed. Each application will be considered on its own merits and individual contracts will reflect each individual situation.
- You must have New Zealand Residency and have lived on Waiheke for at least two years or have family residing on the island.
- You must fit into one of our target groups:
- Young family
- 55 years or over
- You must have a maximum combined income of less than $60,000 per annum
- You must have no more than $10,000 in assets
- You must be able to live independently
- You must be able to provide two references – one from a previous landlord and one character reference.